Friday, July 16, 2010

Day 20: Pizza!

Today, we met at the hotel for lectures and discussions during the morning. Then, we were given the afternoon off to scout around! First, I went back to Pompeii for one last look. Who knows when I will be back to see these amazing ruins? I looked more closely at a few homes that we did not get to see during our two day tour and I reexamined the forum.

It was extremely hot today - 98 degrees. So, after a two-hour visit to Pompeii, I hopped on a train and headed to Sorrento. There, I took a short self-guided walk (with the help of Rick Steve's guidebook!) and ate authentic Italian pizza at a quaint little restaurant. The interior was set in an air-conditioned garden - my favorite kind of garden on a 98-degree day! Check out my lunch: a Four Seasons pizza.

I ate the WHOLE thing myself.
Oh yes, I did. It was amazing!

Tomorrow, another free day. I may just hang around the hotel. I might head back to Naples. Depends on how I feel in the morning. It is supposed to be over 100 degrees tomorrow! Sunday morning, we leave for Rome. What do you think I should do?

1 comment:

  1. I think you should buy a present for Elijah and his little sibling! They would definitely by the most in style babies around :)

    ReplyDelete