Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Day Four: Breakfast at Miss Shirley's

Hanging out with the girls: Miss Shirley's Cafe is known as the best
brunch eatery in Maryland - and it was less than a mile from the college. 
My new friends are Flip (left, back), Duzie (left, front), and Leigh (right. back).

So, this morning some of us girls ditched the cafeteria food and wandered down to Miss Shirley's Cafe on Cold Spring Lane. I had a lovely breakfast: scrambled eggs, grits (made with mascarpone cheese and bacon), and smoked apple bacon. The bacon was amazing - best bacon I have ever tasted!

The seminar is continuing to go well. Today, we learned about graffiti in Pompeii and wall painting in Ancient Rome. Each of the participants selected a specific topic to research and we will present to the whole group sometime during the trip. Susan and Mary Lou went today and they did an amazing job (especially since they only had three days to prepare)! Roman houses were so ornate and beautifully painted. I can't wait to see them for myself.

As for tomorrow, I plan to post five interesting facts about Roman marriage on the blog. Today, I have been working on reading about the complexity of Roman marriages and want to give you a little highlight of my future presentation about women in ancient Rome. I would love any feedback as I continue to gather information!

Buona notte!

No comments:

Post a Comment